Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My First White Wednesday, Sweet Pea Home, Rusty Rooster Vintage!

My first White Wednesday.  Better late then never I guess. I have followed Kathleen at Faded Charm for a long time and love it.  So be sure to hop on over and visit all the beautiful blogs.
I went to Sweet Peas Home sale on Saturday.
And this is what I found.  I just love this mirror...so shabby to me.

Pretty details

I like anything that might organize me, anything metal or industrial.
This fits the bill..perfect!



And chippy too!

These tags are so pretty

I had to buy the bee hive...of course!
I did buy more but I'm saving them for other days.
Check out Shelley at Sweet Pea Home and see her beautiful home that has been published in L'Idea's Shabby Chic Italian magazine!  She also is the cottage of the month this month at The Old Painted Cottage.
I know she is a famous blogger and she is very sweet!
I'm just glad to be on her mailing list when she has these wonderful home sales.

I found these old windows at the curb.


No glass in this one.

My big find of the day!
It's silver plate.


It's hard to see what it looks like here, it's tarnished and very heavy.
I will find new shades for it.  They had black paper shades that just didn't do this baby justice.

She said it need to be polished!  Are you kidding?  No it doesn't...it's perfect for me.
And I also met Vicki from Rusty Rooster Vintage shopping at Shelley's home sale!
What a sweet girl, she has a wonderful blog about decorating and she is very crafty..I'm not so I love getting inspiration from her.  So many links in this post, I hope you can get over and visit these fun and inspirational blogs.
Enjoy your White Wednesday!

9 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Wonderful whites. I love the old chippy windows.

chateau de fleurs said...

I love all the treasures you found , especially the white trumeau mirror! Christie

Audrey Pettit said...

Great treasures you found!

trash talk said...

Isn't Shelley a doll? Love your finds...you did good kiddo!
Debbie

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

What wonderful finds, KarenSue!! I am drooling over that chandelier...that's not something you find everyday! I love the tarnish, too!!

Julie Johnson said...

Wow...love ALL of your treasures!!

Faded Charm said...

So glad you could join in on all the fun! Lucky you to be able to go to Shelley's sale and meet her. Love all your great finds.

Take care,

Kathleen

Darla said...

I like almost all of this....Florida Gators..no way! Vorice may be a Spanish last name.

sweetpea said...

wow, just found this post! you are much too kind! thanks my friend!

hugs,

shelley