Thursday, January 28, 2010
She found out she has cancer on Dec 2nd. She started chemo in December. I have never been thru this process or seen anyone go thru it.
The side effects are terrible. Losing her hair seems to be the least of her problems. I wish I could be there all the time to help her. She has lots of support. She is having another treatment today. I'm thinking of her.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Thursday, January 21, 2010
This is Renninger's Extravaganza. I went on Sunday by myself. I was there for 3hours and only saw about 1/3 of the place. I did buy old wooden snowshoes, I have been looking for them for a while. Too big for me. And I never saw so much junk. Real junk.
I think she means you too. Anyway, I have the best Thrift. I almost always find good stuff. That's why I go everyday. Sometime I have a dry spell but that's ok. This is why I need to start up an Etsy shop. I just love the hunt.
Someone spent alot of time doing this. Why would they stop and then put them in the thrift?
I should make some pillows out of them.
I love this glass jar. I had vintage ornaments in it for Christmas.
Ok, that's about 1 weeks worth. They open at 9am and they are working hard putting good stuff out for me. So I need to go.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
My BFF came over last night while we were eating dinner. This use to happen all the time. You see, she use to live down the street from us. We both moved here 17 years ago. I was pregnant and her baby was 6 months old. We became fast friends. Alot has happened in our lives. She knows me so well and still loves me and my dysfunctional family. She is the friend that can come over when the house is a mess and not even notice. Let me tell you something about Lori, she is tall, thin, blonde and has big boobs! I'm not and don't. I really do try not to be in my bathing suit when she is. She still wears a bikini at 47/48! And looks amazing. And I don't hate her for it. Oh yah, she is even more beautiful on the inside.
Ok, I was thinking about taking a boot camp class in 1 hour, now I have to go.
I'm back. I did it. My first boot camp with another friend. This girl is such an inspiration to me. I'm just a luck girl. We use to go to La Fitness for a couple years and then I started slacking off. Now we have a new 24fitness even closer that she switch over too. Also, let me say she never stopped going to the gym. But she never judged me for not going. She always said-you'll come back when you are ready-and I did. Why do we stop doing something that feels so good? And she has an amazing blog! I had no clue she was such an amazing writer. She was my middle daughters girl scout leader forever and she is 20 now. I do have to say I had 3 great girl scout leaders.
I think this is getting to long.
To be continued
Anyway, I'm a lucky girl. I have all kinds of friends. I still hang with some high school friends. I have friends that I don't talk to very often but when I do it's just like I saw them yesterday.
I'm going with Phyllis(high school) to visit Debbie(BFF high school) this weekend. Debbie has been my maid of honor a few times. But that's another blog. It took me a few times to get it right. I have been married 23yrs now. Alot of people don't know that about me.
Monday, January 18, 2010
- Where is your cell phone? On the table
- Your hair? Long-trying to figure out what the age limit is when you have to go short.
- Your Mother? Gone for 16 years, miss her, wish she was here to help me with these kids.
- Your Dad? The best step Dad is gone also. Real Dad in North Carolina.
- Your favorite food? Hispanic
- Dream last night? Cleaning out my older daughters room to make a craft room. What do I do with all her stuff. I can't get rid of it. That would hurt her feelings.
- Favorite drink? Grande non-fat misto with 2 pumps white chocolate mocha.
- Your dream/goal? Start an Etsy Shop, learn to knit and sew more.
- What room are you in? The office/sewing room.
- Your hobbies? Thrifting/junking.
- Your fears? Starting up the Etsy.
- Where do you want to be in 6 years? Montana
- Where were you last night? At Phyllis's
- Something you are not? Thin
- Muffins? Not too often.
- Wish list item? VW convertible bug.
- Where did you grow up? Orlando, Florida
- Last thing you ate? A bowl of cereal for dinner last night. I don't know what they ate.
- What are you wearing? PJ's
- Your TV? Nothing right now.
- Your pets? Bailey, Tiger, Binky, Miley, Lola B-1 dog and 4 cats.
- Friends? The best!
- Your life? Good.
- Your mood? Good.
- Missing someone? My Mom, every day.
- Vehicle? 2006 Mitsubishi Endeavor.
- Something your not wearing? bra
- Your favorite store? Anthropologie
- Your favorite color? Blue
- When was the last time you laughed? Last night with my BFF Lori.
- Last time you cried? Don't remember.
- Your best friend? Lori
- One place I could(and do) go over and over? My Thrift Store.
- One person who email's you regularly? Lori.
- Favorite place to eat? Home.
Ok that's me in a nut shell.
Passing on too.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Friday, January 15, 2010
I found so many blogging friends here!
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
I picked up these doilies at a garage sale. So much work to me.
Whoops, I did it again.
I love this phone. It works very well. My kids didn't know how to call on it.
Thanks Kathleen for hosting. I have been looking at this for quite a while.
Monday, January 11, 2010
The natural worn spots from years of use.