Sunday, January 10, 2010

Estate Sale find!

My rule is never walk away from an old wooden chippy Adirondack chair if it's a good price.
Let's see, now I have 9! How many sitting areas can a person have in one yard?
So I saw this one in the back yard of an estate sale. I play these little games with myself. I thought, if it's more then $2.00 I won't buy it. Sometimes I talk to myself, I have noticed others do this at thrifts and estate sales. I fell they are the true junkers.
Anyway, I looked to see the price and it was $3.00! I bought it anyway.




I hoped you could see the price. I'm sorry.


It's this beautiful dull, chippy gray. And it's solid. I thought it has to be wobbly.




5 comments:

The Boston Lady said...

Only 9? You know you will have to keep going until you have a dozen, at least! Then you can have an adirondak party - I'll bring the wine!!

Bootcamp kicks your bootie! Thurs. 5:30, let me know and I'll save u a spot!!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

What a find! An old-fashioned Appalachian chair! My dad used to make these for our backyard enjoyment! (I love how you bargain with yourself...I do that too! Funny and Fun!!!)

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

I think that's a great rule. What a fantastic price, that chair is so nice.
~Michelle

Unknown said...

I love Adirondack chairs too, but here in Canada we often call them Muskoka chairs. Yours has great character, and for only $3, what a deal.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower.

Angela Harris said...

Can't wait to see your Etsy shop! Let me know if you need any help! And thank you SO much for helping with my fundraiser through Etsy !
Sincerely,
Angela Harris