Saturday, May 21, 2011

I'm so excited!

Kathy called and said OMG!!!
Look what she found!!!!

I have been looking for a dress form forever.
She only had to tell me twice to put her in my car.
She gave her to me!
The guilt set in pretty quick.
We are trading so I'm coming up with some things I think she would like to have.






I think she is beautiful, she's not one of those cool forms with words on them.  I'm still looking for one of those.



It was a garage sale/estate sale combo thing.
This was their 3rd and final week.
Just think what we missed!

Pretty back.


Isn't she beautiful????


A little tattered.

Just a little lopsided.


I do have to clean her..She is quite dirty.
I think I will name her Graycie

Pretty feet

Cute top..

Nice and rusty.
I lover her!


And this is what I found at the same garage sale.
I'm happy.


Several old hymnels

Very worn, just how I like them.

I bought 2 beautiful lace valences.


This beautiful old platter.

This cute little lantern without the top.

I'm thrilled with my finds.  It's Saturday morning and we are off again.
If you are going out junking this morning I hope you get good stuff that makes you happy.
Enjoy your weekend and thanks for listening.

13 comments:

*The Beautiful Life* said...

Love all your finds!! And that dress form!! I mean, Gracie.... ;)

I am a dress form lover, too! so far I think I have SEVEN! Yikes! :)

Happy Saturday!!

Maybe you'll get some reading in this weekend... hint, hint.... :)

Ruth

Sylvia said...

Ohhhh love that old platter!!! Glad Graycie has a home...you both found some great finds.

Sylvia

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Wow I can tell you are so excited! Graycie is very cool! Love that platter and those old hymnals. Good Junkin my friend! hugs, Linda

Lily Dily said...

Wow! I know you have been searching for your Graycie for a while...she is great...where did you find this sale? I want to go.....see ya! Linda

Denise said...

oh, that platter.....looking forward to our visit next week...denise

★Carol★ said...

Lucky, lucky you! I can only imagine the fun you're going to have dressing Graycie up!

Ruffles n Raspberries said...

That's an amazing dress form! LOVE that it's all tattered (even love the lopsided bubbie!)

Great find!
Sherri

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

How cool is it that Kathy found Gracie...she looks like a good one! I'm sure you'll have her cleaned and dressed up in no time!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Susie

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Yea!! I wanted one forever too and then I found it, It was like the music soared, it was an exciting moment! I use to dream about finding one.....Yea, congratulations

Carol

Susan said...

Graycie and your other finds are lovely! I LOVE the thrill when you find that special thing your heart's been longing for! Congrats!
Blessings!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Graycie is beautiful...and the platter...be still my heart! You scored girl!!

PCovi said...

mmm! that platter!

Sanna - My Blueberry House said...

Hi KarenSue,

Lucky you! and what a nice friend!

-Sanna