Friday, May 18, 2012

I thought it was an apron?!

Kathy and I went to an estate sale last week and we found a pile of linens..


I threw this in the pile thinking it was a lace apron.




It just didn't look right.
Then I saw the sleeve.



It's a dress!
An old lace dress!

In very good condition.  I can only find one small whole on the back of the neck line.


I can't imagine wearing it, it's seems so delicate but it has held up pretty good.

I washed it once but I think I will soak it and try to get these stains out.
I think it's lovely.
What a surprise!
Happy Friday!
Linking with Thrifty Things Friday 

9 comments:

Simply Me said...

Its so Pretty, yea i do not think i could wear it either...lol My baby would probably pull it and it would rip...lol

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

So pretty...looks like Irish lace. I would wear it if I could fit into it!
No worries there.....
Have a wonderful weekend...maybe more ronderful rain!

Kathy said...

I knew I should have started on the linens first~ teehee! Simply b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l. What a fabulous bonus. Can't wait till the next adventure!

The Boston Lady said...

Sue, what an unexpected find! I love it, and can totally see you wearing this. With a vintage slip beneath, of course. Miss you guys! Can we please do something fun in June? Is that when life returns to normal? It is, right? Ann

Nook and Cranny said...

A beautiful surprise. Hope you will find an occasion to wear it at least once, so nice.
Thanks for sharing.
Michele

Jamie said...

This is so beautiful - what a great treasure! Jamie V in MT
http://rem-nants.blogspot.com
jamievowell@yahoo.com

Simply Me said...

Floopy Flowers!!! yes....... maybe you can find me some goodies, at the Chic farm thing....lol forgot the name... take photos for me too... i would love to see, since i cannot go....bummer!!

A Cottage Muse said...

What a nice surprise...it's beautiful!

Diann said...

What a fun thing to discover once you got home! It is really beautiful. Thank you for joining TTF and I hope you are have a great week!