Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesdays Treasures and a surprise for me!

Can you believe the color of this twin bed?!!!!
It is perfect just the way it is.  I don't need a bed of any kind. I really have nowhere to put it.  But for $5.00 I couldn't pass it by.  It has the original old wooden wheels with the side rails and the slats.  I see it all made up with white ruffles and lots of shabby.
Our booth is not big enough to set it up. Maybe I will save it for a show we might do in the fall.

This is the sweetest old gravy boat.

It has a couple little chips but that doesn't bother me at all.


See the pretty handle

I will keep this for a while.

A couple of old school bells and another blue ball jar.  They are common but I think they are so pretty.

I have been waiting for this..Can you guess what it is?
A hint....it's a book.

Romantic Prairie Style!

by the fabulous Fifi O'Neill!

I have not even looked at it yet and I'm letting you have a peek.

Only a couple pages.  You can guess what I'm doing tonight with a glass of wine!
Can't wait.
I'm sure it's wonderful.
Hope you are having a wonderful Tuesday!
Thanks for visiting me. I really do appreciate you!
I'm linking this with Tuesday's Treasures by My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia.
This is my first time so I need to go do some visiting.

12 comments:

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

Oh my gosh $5??? What a deal!!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Great finds!!! Love the handle on that gravy boat!!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh that bed is gorgeous! I love it! The gravy boat is also pretty! You did find some awesome stuff! hugs, Linda

~Sheri~ said...

now that isthe bargain of the MONTH! and the color....WOW!

Funky Junk Antique Show said...

Are you kidding me?? A $5 blue perfectly already painted bed??!!!
Love it!
Hollie

~~Carol~~ said...

The bed is gorgeous, and you were so smart to grab it! And that book definitely looks like one that needs to be savored!

m e g a n said...

seriously where do you find these things? i'm going to have to tag along one of these days! i haven't found any good thrifting areas in Orlando yet like I had back in our old town.

Meg

Lily Dily said...

Wow Sue! I love the bed color....is that from "our" store???? I didn't get there today....darn...love the chandiler in your booth..saw it yesterday. I went up to Art Angels & missed you. Brought back your book, hope you got it and thanks for the loan!! Linda

Jane said...

Wow!! That bed was a great find at an unheard of price!! My latest obsession has been old gravy boats so I'm loving the one you found! I have got to stop with all of my collections or there won't be room in my house to live!!
Jane

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

5 bucks, you lucky girl you~
I'm so sorry you couldn't link ...
You have no idea how frustrated I am with blogger this week....Hopefully you will try again next week!
XO

Kotivalo said...

What a georgeous bed!! And what a price, indeed!

Here On Crow Creek said...

Hi KarenSue! You found some great finds! Thanks for showing us some of your book. I love the bed and I cant wait to see what you do with it in the fall.