Monday, March 14, 2011

Daytona 200 and long time friends!

Our friends came from Montana to see the Daytona 200.
It's part of bike week every year.
As you can see the crowds are not there anymore.
This is the place where all the famous car races happen.
And these stands are full then.

To me it's a scary race.  These guys go over 200 miles an hour on these bikes.
I don't like to watch, especially in the corners.
There were a few crashes, but none on this corner, thank goodness!
The weather was perfect.  Even for skywriting.
I kept my sweater on all day in the sun.
These guys have known each other for about 40 years and some longer.
They stay in touch.
Good friends...that's mine on the right.
Gail is dear to our heart.  I like Charlie too.
Just watching.
Jr.~What a nice guy!
Just hanging out.
The die hard fan..
We came from all over for this.
I always wish I had done better with pictures. I didn't take enough of each person.
They are all special to us.
It's actually my 2nd race. I was working weekends during the years of these guys going.
I had fun but as I said they make me very nervous.
And it's over!
Don't ask me who won. I forgot.
I do know that we had to wait 2 hours so they all could change their front tire.
The winner blew an engine and was able to rebuild or replace it during this time and came back and won.
The sunset on the ride home. 
My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Japan.

1 comment:

Sanna - My Blueberry House said...

Hi KarenSue,

Yes, I´ve heard about the Daytona tracks before. I thought it was only for racing cars though. Sounds exciting and scary at the same time! The noise must be unbearably loud! Nice to meet up with old friends and having a good time together. The sunset on your way home is wonderful.

Thanks for your sweet words. I have no clue how to make a cherry sprig blossom - sorry. It´s on experimental level haha.

Happy Thursday!
Sanna

Love your new finds btw :)