Monday, February 18, 2013

You have not met Archer!!

Meet Archer...
He was found in an abandoned house, starving and covered in fleas.  So you know he has heart worms.  My hubby found him online through a Lab rescue.  I really didn't even know he was looking.  

We had to drive 2 1/2 hours to a rescue to meet him.  How do you go that far and not bring them home? 
I was nervous.
He was not a friendly bouncy glad to meet you kind of guy.  He had bonded with the foster parent(if that's what you call them) and wouldn't even come up to us.  He suggested we take him for a walk to get him away from the other 6 or 7 labs barking, jumping and playing.  All he really wanted to do was go back to the home he had only known for about 10 weeks and who knows what his life was like before that.  Don't get me wrong, the foster home is a blessing to all dogs.  They were doing a great job.
Well we have had him for 2 1/2 weeks and he likes us now, of course I'm his favorite!


I

Still working on Lola, she's not too sure of him. 

Jack likes him, but Jack likes everyone.

Jack and Bailey were best friends.
I know he still misses him, we all do.

Loved his pool time on his raft.  It's the only way we could keep him in.  And he had to have his glasses on.

Look at that face, pure love, we miss him so much.
Archer is a great dog, I know I will love him as time goes by.  
Heart worm treatment is a terrible thing to have to go through, he's a sick boy.
But he sure has made himself at home, the sofa is his choice of bed.  And if anyone ever told you Labs don't shed they are not telling the truth.  
Anyway, he's a keeper!!

Hugs to you

xoxo

9 comments:

centerofgravity said...

Karen,

So glad to hear that you have another dog to love. Of course, you are his favorite in the family. BTW, did you all name him Archer or did he come with that name?

CG

Sylvia said...

Karen,

What a great story!! Archer is very lucky to have found friends that care and love him. He is a beautiful dog, looking forward to seeing more pics of all your furry pets.

:)
Sylvia

Sylvia said...

Karen,

What a great story!! Archer is very lucky to have found friends that care and love him. He is a beautiful dog, looking forward to seeing more pics of all your furry pets.

:)
Sylvia

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

So glad all is working out with Archer. We brought a lab through heartworms years ago. It's a long process, but well worth the effort. Archer is one lucky dog. When you first introduced him, my first thought was your white sofa! I am hoping to rescue a lab as well, but hoping for a yellow one!

Hope to CYA soon,
Susie

Sanna - My Blueberry House said...

Hi Karensue!

Sounds like Archer is making himself at home ;) He's a fine dog! Never heard of heartworms so I had to look it up. Nasty! I wish him a speedy recovery.

Loved seeing pics of Bailey, what a cutie ♡

Hugs,
Sanna

Gail Peck said...

Sweet.

The Boston Lady said...

I wish I was there to give Archer a big hug. He has found a wonderful home and when he feels better he and Jack will pal around. Lola will eventually warm up. No pup can replace that Bailey he was the biggest sweetheart ever! But I think in time Archer will have a big piece of your heart too. And labs shed like crazy! Ann

Deb and Ed said...

He is so precious! He will love having your family as his home. No one can replace Bailey. Great lpvi n g memories.

Deb and Ed said...

He is so precious! He will love having your family as his home. No one can replace Bailey. Great lpvi n g memories.